Jornalista com mestrado em jornalismo digital pela IE Business School, de Madrid. É correspondente do grupo Acuris em São Paulo desde 2014. Foi repórter da revista Capital Aberto e passou por vários veículos do Grupo RBS, como RBSTV e Zero Hora. Recebeu o prêmio BM&FBovespa de jornalismo em 2012 e 2014. Também recebeu reconhecimentos de instituições como Abvcap, Anbima e CVM por reportagens sobre o mercado de capitais brasileiro.
Gabriel Petrus is a Senior Analyst at Global Risk Insights, a world-leading publication which provides political risk analysis for the business community. Gabriel is a leading expert on Brazilian politics and economy. He is Brazil's Executive Director of ICC, the World Business Organization. Between 2013 and 2016, he was a Partner and Director of Political Risk Analysis of Barral M Jorge (2013-2016), an international trade consulting firm. He was a Senior Public Policy Associate at Uber in Brazil. Previously, he served as an adviser to the Chief of Staff to Brazil’s between 2010 and 2013. He is a lawyer by training from UFPR and received an M.A degree in International Affairs from UnB. He holds an MBA from FGV and completed American University’s Education Program on advocacy. Gabriel is a regular commentator on TV and print media, including on Bloomberg, Financial Times, The Economist and The New York Times.
Ricardo has over 25 years of financial advisory experience, and is the founding partner of Xingu Capital. Prior to that, he was a Corporate Finance Senior Partner at Deloitte between 2001-2013, where he worked for 23 years, including 2 years as M&A director in New York. Over his career has actively worked on over 250 M&A transactions in multiple sectors such as: Manufacturing, Mining, Oil & Gas, Food & Beverage, Banking, Retail, Agribusiness, TMT, Health Care, Life Sciences, etc. Ricardo has worked on cross border transactions with companies from over 20 different countries, multibillion transactions, and deals with 71 multinational companies out of the Fortune 500 Global, besides Private Equity Funds, Pension Funds, and Sovereign Wealth Funds.
Graduated from Pontifícia Universidade Católica de São Paulo (PUC-SP) in 1997, Thiago Sandim focuses his practice on M&A and private equity. Among his regular clients, he advises big foreign sovereign wealth funds and pension funds, as well as large Brazilian Banks and conglomerates. Thiago Sandim is a visiting professor of the LL.M. program at Instituto de Ensino de Pesquisa (Insper), and acts at the board of retail, financial services and real estate development companies acting in Brazil.
- Advised in 2017: Deere & Company in the contract for the acquisition of Wirtgen Group, an international leader in the production of roads construction equipment. Odebrecht Rodovias on the disposal of 33.33% participation of the total share capital at Concessionária ViaRio to CCR, for approximately BRL 33.7 million. OdebrechtTransport in a sale of 15% of Via Quatro to CCR for BRL 171.14 million.
- Advised in 2016: EFG International in the CHF 1.3 bi acquisition of BSI S.A. from BTG Pactual; VINCI Highways in the BRL 4.5 bi acquisition of LAMSAC from INVEPAR; VINCI Highways in the BRL 35.7 million acquisition of Peruvian electronic toll collection operator PEX Perú from INVEPAR; Ecorodovias in the BRL 115 million sale of Elog Logistica Sul to Multilog; Odebrecht Rodovias on the BRL 107.6 million sale of its stake in ViaRio corresponding to 33,33% of the total share capital to CCR; Oncologia Rede D'Or S.A. in the acquisition of the total capital stock of Clínica Salus.
- Advised in 2015: GIC, Singapore's sovereign wealth fund, in the sale of a 2% stake in Rede D'Or São Luiz to Carlyle; GIC in the acquisition of a circa 25% stake in Rede D'Or São Luiz from BTG Pactual; GIC Pte in a new acquisition of 1% in Rede D'Or São Luiz from BTG Pactual; Pioneer Investments (owned by UniCredit) on its merger with Santander Asset Management in a transaction valued at EUR 5.4 bi; PSP in the acquisition of ViaBahia; Ontario Teachers in the renegotiation of its USD 500 millioninvestment in Manabi.
- Advised in 2014: Odebrecht Agroindustrial in the structuring of the BRL 820 millioncapital increase by the Odebrecht Conglomerate; Odebrecht Group to team-up with Mitsui Corp. in the Brazilian urban mobility market, in an investment with a backlog of BRL 17 bi. Mitsui will acquire 40% of the new company through an investment of BRL 500 million in the short term, while OTP will allocate 4 major urban mobility assets to the venture; Vesuvius plc in the acquisition of Ecil Met Tec Lda., Ecil North America LLCand US Lake Effect Properties LLC, involving BRL 83 million; Generali S.p.A on the USD 1.7 bi sale of BSI to BTG Pactual; Booz on the acquisition of certain professional advisory services of PwC.; Odebrecht TransPort in the BRL 17 bi joint venture with Mitsui in the Brazilian Urban Mobility Market; GIC on co-investments with KKR and Advent; Abril Educação S.A. on the restructuring of its business; GIC in investment into ACECO, a company acquired by KKR early in 2014; Construdecor S.A. in the acquisition of Lille from Tecnisa S.A. for BRL 100 million.
- Advised in 2013: OTPP and Quadrant Capital Management on their minority investment in Dafiti; Falabella on the acquisition of Brazilian retailer Dicico for USD 189 million; Airports Company of South Africa - ACSA on the negotiation of the USD 3 bibridge loan for terminal 3 of the São Paulo International Airport; Consortium of shareholders on the IPO of BTG Pactual, elected as deal of the year by IFLR.
- Advised in 2012: ACSA on the formation of a consortium to participate in the winning BRL 16.2 bi bid for the concession of the Guarulhos airport - elected as Latin Lawyer's deal of the year; PSP on the EUR 600 million investment for 30% of the Brazilian business of Grupo Isolux Corsán S.A.; OTPP on the USD 300 million PIPE investment in the capital stock of Manabi.
- Advised in 2011: OTPP, KIC and Southeastern Investments LLC and 60 other investors to subscribe for a capital increase in the amount of USD 550 million in Manabi; Kayaba Industry Co., Ltd. on the creation of a joint venture in Brazil with Mando Corporation.
- Elected as the Brazilian M&A Deal Maker of the Year - 2014 by Financier Worldwide
- Quoted as Leading Individual by Chambers Latin America and Global in M&A since 2007.
- Mentioned by Latin Lawyer in 2007 in the article "Heads and Shoulders Above the Rest."
- Quoted as a leading individual by other publications such as PLC and Legal 500. Led the Brazilian legal team in award winning transactions in 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 (see above for further information).
Jornalista com especialização em Relações Internacionais pela New York University e MBA em Análise Econômica pela Fipe/USP. Foi editor de política e economia do canal BandNews TV e produtor-executivo do programa de rádio Five O’Clock Shadow, em Nova York. Já assinou reportagens para diversos veículos, incluindo Financial Times, Forbes, O Globo e Editora Abril.