Day 2: Explore M&A and Private equity opportunities on the second day of the Mergermarket German Forum
Registration & Coffee
Chair's Welcome Remarks
Keynote: The future of the economy in an era of global protectionism
Presentation on the economic and political challenges for the global economic and financial market outlook.
Fireside chat: Asian deals in the new normal of risk and volatility
Interview with Fosun Group and Shanghai Electric Group discussing their investment experience doing deals in the region.
Keynote Panel: Private Equity Outlook
International perspectives from private equity funds on exit strategies, fundraising and successfully growing businesses.
Presentation: Attractive M&A Targets - what do buyers look for?
- Can an analysis of financial measures, such as growth, size, profitability, leverage, liquidity and valuation provide insights into which companies are likely to become acquisition targets?
- How do these measures differ for private vs. public targets?
- And what is the relative importance of these measures in predicting the probability of a company becoming an acquisition target?
This presentation, based on a 23-year study of 34,000 firms and 14,000 deals by Cass Business School and Intralinks, seeks to answer these questions, revealing how the financial characteristics of companies correlate with M&A activity in often unexpected ways.
Stream A: Deutschland AG on the sell side
2016 saw a dramatic rise in deals closed by Chinese buyers. This session will look at Chinese investors’ sector preferences and the question of the deal rationale behind their choices.
Flight risk in M&A - The art and science of retaining talent - Preview of mercer’s 2017 research report
Mercer uncovered an overwhelming marketplace demand for benchmark data on retention programs and how they drive deal value in last year’s research report on People Risks in M&A Transactions.
As a result, Mercer launched a global research effort to learn more about how retention incentives and transaction bonuses are used to retain key talent after a deal — a critical component in protecting the value of most transactions.
Practical session on how to manage risk in an M&A deal.
- What are the trends in the use of W&I insurance.
- Cyber insurance- What types of data are at risk in an M&A transaction and what is the consequence of loss?
- How insurance can be used as a tool to minimise risk and strategically close deals.
Stream B: Managing Process in Private Equity
While the number of PE deals in Germany rose over the course of 2016, their value decreased indicating that PE funds are having to make do with smaller deals. How do they go about generating value from these deals? The panel will discuss challenges of doing smaller deals and best practices to transforming smaller businesses into veritable market players.
Reserved Alternative Investment Funds- Luxembourg's new born unregulated investment vehicle
• Quick time-to-market
• EU marketing passport benefit through its AIFM
• Reserved to well-informed investors
• Flexible investment policy and restrictions
• Multi-compartment structure with ring-fencing protection
• Tax efficient
Fintech: The opportunity for Private Equity
Since 2013 the number of FinTechs in Germany has grown by more than 70%. Beyond the potential for investment, Fintech offers Private Equity managers the chance to improve the profitability, focus and value of their own activities. Why is it booming now and why should Private Equity managers pay attention?
Cross Border M&A and Mittelstand aquirers
What are the key trends and factors affecting cross border transactions? How has the German Mittelstand been more acquisitive after years of shunning M&A?
Chair's closing remarks
Networking Drinks Reception
Video highlights from the 2016 Agenda:
2016 Presentation Slides: