Setting the agenda for cross-border acquisitions & financing for Nordic companies
Opening Dinner with Guest Speaker - 22 March
Join fellow delegates at the opening networking dinner at Opera Terra at OperaKallären for an evening of networking and entertaining ahead of the forum.
£110 including champagne reception, three course meal, wine and coffee and can be added to your registration at the point of booking.
Please add this to your registration when booking online or contact email@example.com to inquire about availability.
Registration & coffee
Chair’s welcome remark
Keynote welcome address: Starting, growing and selling a business in an age of innovation
- Dealing with high growth companies
Panel: The Nordic dealmaker's outlook
- Outlook of deal activity in the Nordic region and beyond
- Key factors influencing corporate and investor confidence
- Deal drivers for the year ahead and what are the expected emerging markets?
- Cross-border deals trends – Where are the acquirers coming from and what sectors are they acquiring?
- Sector focus – which have seen the most activity and which are appealing for the panellists?
- Outlook for IPOs in the next 12 months
Fireside Chat: Leadership during a complex and transformational deal
- A CEO will share his lessons learned from a recent transaction
- Focus on how value will be created and challenges faced
- How do leadership teams capitalise on an industry-defining merger for their business?
- Klaus-Anders will share his lessons learned from one such transaction
On-Stage Q&A: The future of Nordic financing
- Mid-cap focus – Market update and an outlook to financing
- What economic issues have affected banking and financing?
- What financing alternatives are available?
- How can financiers position themselves in the market?
- Who should banks be collaborating with?
- Will we see more banks restructuring or divesting their divisions in 2017?
- Are large-cap deals on the horizon?
Presentation: Attractive M&A Targets - what do buyers look for?
- Can an analysis of financial measures, such as growth, size, profitability, leverage, liquidity and valuation provide insights into which companies are likely to become acquisition targets?
- How do these measures differ for private vs. public targets?
- And what is the relative importance of these measures in predicting the probability of a company becoming an acquisition target?
This presentation, based on a 23-year study of 34,000 firms and 14,000 deals by Cass Business School and Intralinks, seeks to answer these questions, revealing how the financial characteristics of companies correlate with M&A activity in often unexpected ways.
On stage Q&A: The rise of Chinese buyers – What is the driving force?
- Success stories of an Asian firms investing into the Nordic region
- What size companies are looking to invest in the Nordics and which sectors are appealing?
- Nordic tech sector focus – have the valuations in the region been a catalyst for investments?
- Why the Nordics and where else are Asian buyers looking to acquire?
On stage Q&A: Boom in carve-outs and divestments
- Positive reasons to carve-out / divest a unit and how to create value doing so?
- What to think about during a carve-out?
- Divestment success stories and lessons learned
- Are more spin-offs on the horizon?
Panel: Effective strategies for deal execution
- What are the emerging trends of the current due diligence processes in the Nordic region?
- How can buyers seek to understand, price and mitigate less familiar risks?
- Techniques for sell-side and buy-side due diligence processes to maximise value
- The future of insurance for Nordic deal processes
Panel: The deal making questions for corporates
- How to choose an advisor and common mistakes made - is that advisor really best choice for that particular deal?
- How often do you really make deals?
- How do you choose a deal that will really make an impact?
- How to choose your strongest board members?
- Does your board need a Tech expert?
- Best practise for getting deals done
Presentation: Flight risk in M&A - The art and science of retaining talent - Preview of Mercer’s 2017 research report
- Mercer uncovered an overwhelming marketplace demand for benchmark data on retention programs and how they drive deal value in last year’s research report on People Risks in M&A Transactions.
- As a result, Mercer launched a global research effort to learn more about how retention incentives and transaction bonuses are used to retain key talent after a deal — a critical component in protecting the value of most transactions.
Private Equity Stream
Panel: Private equity exit opportunities
- Positives and negatives of portfolio maturity
- Using IPO’s as an exit route successfully
- Ideal dual tracks procedures used
- The importance of effective valuations
- IPO insurance, advising on the risks – Latest trend on W&I insurance and how to work on a dual-track process
- Who can be insured and why is Denmark more insured than Sweden?
Panel: Direct or indirect investment in infrastructure
- Are infrastructure funds or institutional investors’ best placed to manage infrastructure assets?
- How best should institutional investors approach investing in infrastructure investment?
- What challenges face institutional investors wishing to execute a direct infrastructure investment?
- What risk exposure are institutional investors and infrastructure fund managers looking for?
- Where will institutional investors and infrastructure funds be successful.
- Are institutional investors ready to start off loading assets in 2017?
On-Stage Q&A: Growth opportunities and value creation through inbound investments
- The speakers will discuss their appetite for recent deals in the region and their recent investments in Joe & The Juice and Hemnet
- Identifying the right targets to invest in and managing the risks
- How to ensure value creation with minority stake investments
- Strategies for growth – how to successfully take investments into new markets and expand globally
Chair’s closing remarks & networking drinks
The 2017 agenda is constantly being updated with speakers. To be the first to find out who they are, subscribe to email alerts below. .
Video highlights from the 2016 Agenda:
2016 Presentation Slides: