Meet the Speakers
Andres De La Cuesta joined Darby in 2017 as a member of the Latin American Private Debt Team, based in Bogota, Colombia. Prior to joining Darby, Mr. De La Cuesta worked at Fitch Ratings in Chicago as the Director of the Global Esoteric Asset Group. He previously held several other roles with Fitch Ratings including Associate Director of the Latin America Structured Finance team in Chicago, and Senior Analyst of Structured Finance in Bogota.
Mr. De La Cuesta holds his M.B.A. from the Booth School of Business at The University of Chicago.
Board Member de empresa de Ad-tech que usa una APP Android con más 1.200.000 usuarios en Colombia y México
Board Member de E- commerce de llantas más grande de LATAM con ventas anuales >US$6 MM 2018E en Colombia y México
Board Member y Co-Founder de E-Procurement con volumen transando >US$4.2 Bn
NYU/LSE NYC, US / London, UK (March 2017 - Date)
MSc. Business Analytics
CESA (February 2012 - April 2014)
MSc. Master in Corporate Finance
- Ranked 4th in class
UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES Bogotá, Colombia (February 11 - March 2012)
Specialization in Risk and Information Economics
- Ranked 5th in class
UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES Bogotá, Colombia (February 2004 - March 2009)
Bachelor in Business Administrator. Minor in Economics
- Teaching Assistant, Introduction to Business Administration
MAASTRICHT UNIVERSITY Maastricht, Holland (February 2008 - June 2008)
Elected suitable for Exchange Program. Bachelor in Business Administration
Experience and responsabilities
Germán is Senior Vice President of the Corporate Finance (CF) division in Latco, based in Bogotá, Colombia. He started at the Firm in 2011 coming from a local investment bank. In 2012, he participated in an internal mobility program of the Firm in Argentina with the objective of optimizing the technics and methodologies of Valuation and Corporate Finance in Latin America. Recently, he developed and led the Firm´s Financial Advisory (FA) division in Medellin. Germán has participated in over 100 projects of financial advisory.
Expertise and Certifications
Germán develops consultancies in the field of m&a, disposals, fund raising, business valuations, project finance, intangible valuations, financial feasibility, disputes, and financial restructuring.
Germán studied Industrial Engineering (2007 - minor in Finance and major in Corporate Organizations) and has Master in Finance (2011) both degrees obtain at Universidad de Los Andes.
Germán teaches Business Valuation in the Finance Master's degree at Universidad del Rosario.
Ignacio Quesada, a Managing Director with Alvarez & Marsal Mexico, brings over 20 years of experience in the energy and financial sectors, as well, with experience in key positions in Mexico’s public sector.
Since joining A&M in 2013, Ignacio Quesada has advised several companies through operational and financial restructurings and turnarounds, performance improvement, interim management roles, asset management, credit advisory and liquidation processes.
These projects have covered different industries with particular emphasis in the oil and gas, infrastructure, financial institutions and service sectors. He has represented companies, creditors as well as shareholders like Private Equity firms.
Before joining A&M he served as Chief Financial Officer in Petroleos Mexicanos, where he also was a Board Member. Prior to that, he served as Chief of Staff of the Minister at the Mexico’s Treasury Ministry and also at the Ministry of Social Development.
He was a partner at McKinsey & Company, a leading firm that provides consulting services in strategy, organization and operations. During his career at McKinsey he worked for the oil & gas, electricity, financial, heavy industries and logistics companies.
Mr. Quesada has worked helping companies in different geographies including Mexico, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Peru, Spain and South Africa.
Mr. Quesada earned a PhD in Chemical Engineering and Operations Research from Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania with a degree in Chemical Engineering from the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México. He is fluent in Spanish, English and Portuguese.
Luis Miguel leads the M&A Transaction Services practice for Colombia and Peru. He has over 15 years of professional experience, between investment banking, due diligence and restructuring.
He started his professional career in Audit and then was transferred to the Transaction Service practice in Spain. In addition, he has worked 4 years in the investment banking practice of Alantra Group.
He has originated and led Due Diligence, M&A, Restructuring and Valuation deals, for industrial clients and private equities, with a strong specialization in cross border transactions.
He has a wide experience in the following industries: industrial, manufacturing, steel, construction, pharmaceutical, health, aviation, energy, among others.
Luis Miguel has a bachelor degree in Law and Business Administration from ICADE (E3) Universidad Pontificia Comillas in Spain.
- Miguel is a Principal in the VC & PE division of Axon Partners Group focusing in Latin American investments
- He has more than 13 years of experience in the financial industry, mainly in private banking and multilateral institutions
- Prior to Axon, he was linked to multilateral Banks for more than 8 years where he served as Principal for the Corporación Andina de Fomento (CAF) and the Banco Centroamericano de Integración Económica (BICE)
- He is a seasoned investor in the Latin American region where he has managed a portfolio of 35 investments worth US $ 800M in committed capital
- He was lecturer in finance and private equity subjects for undergraduate and graduate programs
- He holds a MsC in Finance and international certifications such as FRM, CIIA and CFA (candidate)
- Reynaldo Espinosa is the President and CEO of Concordia Investments, an investment banking boutique with operations in Colombia and Chile
- Mr. Espinosa has worked for the las 25 years at The Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank) in various leadership positions in LatAm, culminating as Vice President , SAM Banking in Colombia
- Mr. Espinosa is a dynamic, results-focused executive who interacts with Investors, Financial Institutions, Boards of Directors, and Senior Management to develop restructuring proposals, drive financial and operational changes and deliver Capital Markets solutions
- Mr. Espinosa has had an extensive international experience in both Canada and LatAm, where has held executive functions in Chile, Mexico, Peru and, Colombia. Also, he has been appointed as Member of Board of Directors for Banco Colpatria, Fiduciaria Colpatria and Scotia Securities
- Mr. Espinosa holds a B.S in Business Administration from Universidad Diego Portales (Chile) and he has participated in multiple post-graduated programs both in Chile and abroad
- Mr. Espinosa speaks fluently Spanish and English
Ricardo Trejos Robledo joined the firm in 2003 and was an associate in the Litigation and Corporate practices until 2007.
He left the firm briefly and rejoined on 2008 and has devoted its time to transactional advice with significant experience in project finance, acquisition finance and private equity fund formation.
He was a visiting attorney in our Chicago office during 2015.
In addition to his practice, he lectured on private law at an event held by the Faculty of Law of the Universidad Sergio Arboleda, as well as on commercial law at an event held by the Commercial Law Specialization Graduate Program of the Universidad de Caldas.
Ricardo’s practice focuses banking & finance with special focus on project finance and acquisition in finance. He also devotes a substantial part of its time to formation of private equity funds and to insolvency advice, generlly on the side of creditors or purchasers of distressed assets.