Top Tips for writing your Middle East M&A awards pitch
If you’re asking yourself how to condense a year in deals into your 300 word pitch then look no further.
Let's start at the beginning. How do we get our financial advisory and legal advisory shortlists together? Our shortlist includes the top 3 firms by overall value and top 3 by overall volume for the period 1 January 2018 - 31 December 2018. To ensure that local advisers are represented within the country categories, we also nominate the highest ranked locally headquartered advisers to the shortlist.
We will provide the panel with the following M&A data during the judging process:
- your league table ranking by both value and volume for the category
- the overall deal count and total transaction value for the firm for the category
Your pitch needs to tell the story behind these numbers.
The judges want to know why you deserve to win. An ideal pitch will show how you added value to deal processes, supported clients and offered creative solutions to complex situations.
Your pitch may choose to highlight your successes across a number of different deals. All corporate and private equity transactions are captured by our shortlisting process and mandates to any party on the deal are valid – buyer, seller or target. Explain why these deals were so important and what you did as an adviser to get them across the line.
Sometimes, one deal says it all. If you worked on a landmark transaction and that single deal tells the story of your year, then make clear you have selected one example to highlight. The judges look for the direct contribution your firm made to the process, especially if you were a lead adviser.
What the judges are asked to ignore:
- Any reference to non-Mergermarket awards and rankings
- Deals that don’t meet our criteria for inclusion in Mergermarket’s database
- Financing or underwriting on deals where you had no M&A mandate
- Legal advice offered to financial advisers only
Some other useful notes:
- The pitches are treated as confidential documents. However, please clearly mark any previously undisclosed information as“confidential”.
- There’s no need for a presentation, illustrations or pitchbooks; just 300 words will do fine.
- The mid-market prize includes deals $5-100m (or equivalent).
- Deadline day is Tuesday 26th February 2019. Send your entry to email@example.com
And don’t forget…if you make a pitch, you’re in with a chance of winning. Awards night is Wednesday 10th April in Dubai. For more information on how to book a table at the gala dinner email Clare Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Newsletter
Get exclusive content from our leading M&A and private equity events via our monthly newsletter.