Welcome to the Global Insurance M&A, Strategy & Innovation Forum
Facing continued challenges achieving organic growth, insurance industry participants are now looking to M&A, divestitures, partnerships and corporate venture capital initiatives as a strategic path to realize their ambitions.
The legacy insurance industry, developed in the Industrial Age, has set out on a journey towards establishing a more connected and adaptive enterprise which is expected to further accelerate the need to evolve business and operating models over the coming years.
The expectations for inorganic growth are tremendous. Insurance companies expect to make transformational deals, enter into partnerships to gain access to emerging technologies and invest in innovation to satisfy the evolving needs of their customer base. All while striving to meet the demand from shareholders and investors for better strategic capital deployment and enhanced enterprise value.
Earlier this year, KPMG commissioned Mergermarket to interview 200 global insurance executives – decision-makers involved in M&A, Strategy & Innovation initiatives at their respective organizations. The interviews focused on their outlook for the industry and their expectations as they plan to strategically deploy capital to achieve their transformation and innovation objectives.
This year, the Global Insurance M&A, Strategy and Innovation Forum will explore research findings from KPMG’s recent study and discuss the key factors underlying the industry’s continued expectation of mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and corporate venture capital investment activities with two panels comprising insurance industry executives and subject matter specialists.
Registration and Breakfast
KPMG will explore recent trends in Global Insurance M&A, Strategy & Innovation and share some of the potential implications for the future of the insurance industry.
M&A, Partnerships, and Transformation Strategy
Insurance organizations are now starting to execute on their transformation strategy for long-term growth. In this panel, we explore the role that M&A, divestitures and partnerships will play in the transformation strategy and how these new expectations are changing the approach to inorganic growth.
We will explore key topics such as:
- Key drivers of merger, acquisition, divestiture, and partnering activities today
- How the transformation agenda is shaping the strategy for M&A, divestitures, and partnerships
- Challenges with executing cross-border deals
- Perspectives on post-merger integration during constant change
- Core competencies required of corporate development teams in this new era of deal-making
Networking Coffee Break
Corporate Venture Capital and Innovation Strategy
Insurance industry participants are being challenged by new entrants founded on technology-enabled business and operating models who are demonstrating their ability to efficiently and effectively engage with their customers to meet the demands of today’s marketplace and demographic needs. Not surprisingly, the industry is experiencing a surge in corporate venture capital investment activities.
This panel will explore how insurance companies are investing into and integrating innovation capabilities and technologies to transform their business and operating models, including:
- (Re)defining the value proposition in a world of frequent change
- Strategic objectives and investment mandate for corporate venture capital
- How insurers evaluate partnerships for their strategic fit
- Perspectives on post-investment activities to accelerate and scale innovation capabilities
- Core competencies required of corporate venture capital teams in this new era of deal-making
*Please note: The agenda is subject to change.